THE CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM RUN FOR VP CONTEST (“CONTEST”) IS SPONSORED
BY CHEAPCARIBBEAN.COM (THE "SPONSOR").
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE/TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1) Contest Details: The CheapCaribbean.com Run for VP Contest is a skill contest to select a video that best answers the call to action: “I would make the best Vice President for Beach Gary because… and once I am Vice President my first order of business will be…”, from all eligible entrants.
2) Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (ET) on June 6, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on August 8, 2016 (the "Contest Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
START (each at 12:00:01 AM)
END (each at 11:59:59 PM)
Entry Submission Period (“Entry Period”) *
June 6, 2016
July 18, 2016
July 19, 2016
August 8, 2016
Winner Notification and Clearance
August 9, 2016
August 15, 2016
On or about August 16, 2016
*Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to extend the Entry Period if not enough qualified Entries are received at the conclusion of the Entry Period which could limit the Sponsor from awarding Contest prize. If the Entry Period is extended, such notice will be published on the Contest Website at www.beachgary4prez.com/vpcontest. All dates are subject to change. All decisions of Sponsor are binding and final.
3) Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry and throughout the Contest Period (the "Entrant"). Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate families and those living in their same household) of Sponsor, Marden-Kane, Inc. ("Administrator") (Sponsor and Administrator are collectively referred to as the "Contest Entities", and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising, Contest and production agencies are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4) How to Enter and Entry Requirements: To enter the Contest, go to www.beachgary4prez.com/vpcontest (the “Contest Website”) and follow the instructions to properly complete the registration form, create a video (30-90 seconds in length) that includes a sign, clearly displaying entrants full name and e-mail address (same name and address included in the registration form), and creatively answer the following call to action: “I would make the best Vice President for Beach Gary because… and once I am Vice President my first order of business will be…”, and upload video to the Contest Site at www.beachgary4prez.com/vpcontest (each a “Submission” and/or “Entry”). Before uploading the Submission, you will be required to agree, that you have read and are in agreement with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. No other means of entry submission will be accepted. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or Entrant (as defined in “Guidelines and Restrictions” below) it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Limit one (1) entry submission per person. Multiple Submissions from the same person will result in disqualification of all submissions other than the first three eligible submissions, submitted by that person.
The agreement to the Official Rules, and submission, once submitted as provided above, shall constitute an Entry. After completing these steps the Entrant will formally be entered into the Contest. Entry cannot be altered by Entrant after it has been submitted. Should Entrants experience any technical difficulties with any aspect of submitting their Entry they may send an e-mail to email@example.com. Contest Entities will endeavor to respond to all requests promptly. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on July 18, 2016. Entrant’s Submission must comply in all respects with these Official Rules. Submission must be created solely by the Entrant.
Please review the criteria on which Entries will be judged prior to creating your Entry. The judging criteria may be found in Section 5 below. Once submitted, all materials and information become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an Entry, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, agents and licensees, the royalty-free right and permission to unconditionally and perpetually reproduce, copy, store, transmit, publish, display, adapt and/or otherwise use or reuse your Submission, name, picture, voice, statements, background and biographical material, photographs, pictures, stories, testimonials or other likeness, prize information, any information contained in your Entry, as well as any other information or materials arising out of your participation in the Contest for advertising, Promotional, commercial, publicity and/or any other purposes (without limitation), in any and all media now or hereafter known, in any language, throughout the world, in perpetuity and in any manner without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation of Entrant. Unless prohibited by law, you waive any rights of privacy, rights of publicity, intellectual property rights, and other rights that may preclude Sponsor from using or disclosing all or any part of your Entry in any manner and for any purpose. By submitting an Entry, you further release Sponsor from any future claims arising out of any use or disclosure of your Entry consistent with these Official Rules. All accepted Entries will be screened and may be published on the Internet or in other media at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Without limitation to the foregoing, Sponsor may post any and all Submissions on the Contest Website during and following the Contest Period. The use or publication of an Entrant’s name or information in connection with the Contest does not signify that the Entrant is a Contest Winner. By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules, whether you are chosen as a Winner or not. You further agree that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or to use any of Submissions in any way.
Further Requirements and Restrictions Regarding Submissions and Publicity: In addition to the requirements previously noted in these Official Rules, the following requirements apply to all Entries: Submissions must be the Entrant’s own, original work, and the sole property of Entrant. Submission must be in English only. No Submission may have been previously published in print, broadcast or other media, or displayed publicly outside of this Contest, or submitted in any other Contest. Modifying, enhancing or altering another person’s or entity’s creation does not qualify as an Entrant’s original work. Submissions may include other people in addition to the entrant; however, all people appearing in video must be at least thirteen (13) years of age. If other people appear in your Submission, entrant represents and warrants that they (people, other than entrant, appearing in video), or their parents/legal guardians if they are minors, have provided express permission to appear in the video and have granted all rights necessary for Sponsors to use their name, voice and likeness.
Restricted Content: The content restrictions that follow apply to all Entries. Submissions may NOT include content that:
(A) promotes/endorses any recognizable company, brand or logo;
(B) violates any third party property or other rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary rights;
(C) involves libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortuous or slanderous materials;
(D) includes any music, lyrics, instrumental subject to copyright infringement;
(E) involves nudity, or adult-oriented or sexually-explicit behavior or subjects;
(F) portrays lotteries or gambling;
(G) involves explicit or offensive language or content;
(H) involves violence;
(I) portrays imitations of people or characters from movie/TV shows/video games/comic books/sports figures, etc.;
(J) promotes illegal activities of any kind;
(K) involves tobacco, alcohol or drugs;
(L) involves weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, bombs, or knives as a weapon;
(M) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation;
(N) denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the Sponsor, its products, or employees, or on any other person, company, product, or service;
(O) is unlawful or contrary to the laws or regulations in the State in which the Submission was created; and/or
(P) promotes/endorses a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation (with the exception of Beach Gary).
If a Submission includes any of the prohibited content listed above, the Entry will be disqualified, along with the Entrant who submitted it. The above list is not intended to be exhaustive; Sponsor may disqualify an Entry if it includes any content which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is otherwise unsuitable in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to reject or disqualify any Entry at any time, in its sole discretion, without incurring any liability.
WARRANTY: By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that (a) any Submission provided with an Entry is original to Entrant and does not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any third party, (b) Entrant has all rights necessary to submit any Submission provided, and (c) no Submission includes any restricted content as defined above, or other material that would violate applicable law. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, EACH ENTRANT FURTHER WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT HIS/HER ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY TO THIRD PARTIES REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL BE INDEMNIFIED AND HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES.
5) Contest Judging: At the end of the Entry Period, the Sponsor (“Judge”) will judge all eligible Contest entries based on the following criteria:
- Creatively and clearly responds to the call to action: “Why I would make the best candidate for Beach Gary’s Vice President” (25%),
- Creatively and clearly responds to the call to action: “My first order of business to be carried out as Beach Gary’s Vice President will…” (25%),
- Humor (50%)
Total score, as determined by Sponsor, will determine the Winner and such determination shall be final and binding.
The one (1) Entrant with the highest score at the end of the Judging Period will be notified and, subject to verification and acceptance as described below, will be deemed the Contest Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor to determine the Contest Grand Prize Winner if a tie exists and such determination shall be final and binding.
6) Notification and Verification: The Entrant with the highest score will be notified via e-mail, and or telephone on/around August 9, 2016. Potential Prize Winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Prize Winner may be required to sign, notarize, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability, a W9 Form, a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), and a travel release form/travel information form within five (5) days of notification attempt. If any potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to properly claim the prize in accordance with these Official Rules; or if the notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Prize Winner (Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner). Should a potential Prize Winner decide to decline the Prize for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to that potential winner, and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use respective Prize Winner's name, biographical information, likeness, photograph, (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
7) Contest Prize: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (“Winner”) will receive a four (4) night/five (5) day trip for sixteen (16) to Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Trip consists of: roundtrip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near Winner’s legal residence (as selected by Sponsor) to Cancun International Airport, Cancun, Mexico; transfers to/from airport to hotel; hotel accommodations during the Trip (eight standard room/double occupancy rooms); and USD $8,000 in the form of a check, made payable to Winner that may be used towards payment of taxes (note: cash amount is taxable). Travel taxes associated with the Trip and all expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to:, tax, gratuities, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, service charges, activities, souvenirs, some room service fees (inquire with resort prior to ordering) and telephone calls . Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Winner and Travel Companions must travel on the following dates: November 10, 2016 – November 14, 2016. If all sixteen (16) travelers cannot travel during these dates, trip will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Winner, and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. Travel companions of Grand Prize Winner must be 18 years of age or older. Grand Prize Winner’s travel companions must sign and return; a consent to publicity (where legal), liability waiver, and travel release form prior to traveling. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use Grand Prize Winner’s and Travel Companion’s names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
Winner and Travel Companions are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, passport, etc.) before departure and all travelers must be at least 18 years old at time of travel. Any costs associated with obtaining the required travel documents are the responsibility of the Winner and Travel Companions.
Sponsor reserves the right to change and/or substitute any components of the Grand Prize at any time, in its sole discretion. The trip shall be coordinated between CheapCaribbean.com and the Grand Prize Winner.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is USD$40,000 (includes $8,000 tax offset). The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment, and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination. Any difference between the ARV and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
Sponsor will determine the airline in its sole discretion. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of the services and accommodations necessitated by same. Winner and Travel Companions must possess valid travel documents in order to travel.
By participating in Contest, Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner’s personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, Contest or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
8) Additional Prize Restrictions: The Winner will assume full tax liability for the respective prize value. Prize is non-transferable (unless specifically stated), no substitutions allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Taxes, and all other expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Winner in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence. By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their affiliates, licensees, parents, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and Contest agencies and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damage of any kind which may arise in connection with this Contest or the acceptance and/or use of any prize. Prize Winner is advised to consult with his/her tax advisors, lawyers, and/or financial advisors regarding the tax implications of the above stated Prize.
9) License to Exploit Entry: By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that Sponsor and each of its affiliates, licensees, Promotional partners, and third party marketing entities shall have the right and permission to use the name and biographical data, contained in Entrants entry for promotional, advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Entrant to the extent permitted by law and except where prohibited.
11) Indemnification: Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Entities, and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to the Sponsor at the address below. Contest Entities will endeavor to respond to all requests promptly.
12) Winner List and Official Rules: To view the name of the Prize Winner (available after the conclusion of the Contest), or to view the Official Rules please visit www.beachgary4prez.com/vpcontest. Winner's name will be posted for 30 days following awarding of prize.
13) Sponsor and Administrator: This Contest is sponsored by CheapCaribbean.com, Inc, 2003 S. Easton Road, Suite 100, Doylestown, PA 18901 and is administered by Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, NY 11797.